Thursday, July 22, 2010

Numbers 2141-2142 Why Microsoft (Vista) Sucks

2141.  For the last two months, Vista has told me that my "copy of Windows is not genuine."  I have the code off the bottom of the computer.  I also have a code on the Vista Ultimate disk.  My copy of Windows is genuine.  It really is.  Notice that my copy of Windows not being genuine has actually made the computer perform better.

2142.  Every three or four days, usually in the afternoon, my computer suddenly crashes.  Yes this might be a hardware problem.  But the fact that it always starts back up fine tells me that it isn't that big of a deal.  And the fact that Microsoft cannot pin point the problem for me tells me that they don't have a clue.

I wanted to make this grandiose point about how the Microsoft model of putting products out there before they are stable has infected Google and other companies too.  (I also think that this has hit Apple a little bit too, but their track record is so much better.)  But the thing is I still use Microsoft and Google products.  So I guess I either have to do something about it or shut up.    

1 comment:

jeffreynutsachs said...

Just buy a Mac. Zero crashes and zero bullshit.