Friday, June 26, 2009

751st Post Or Late Afternoon Thoughts

1. Michael Jackson was a significant part of my childhood. There are only so many artists I can say that about. I wore out my Bad cassette tape. He was a creative genius. There are only so many people you can say that about.

2. I am listening to the Cubs play the White Sox. Jermaine Dye just hit a home run. Jermaine Dye used to play for the Braves.

3. Chris Tucker was in the Rush Hours. Chris Rock was in Lethal Weapon 4. I get these confused, and I have to remind myself.

4. "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

5. The fact that YouTube made it through the day without crashing is a credit to human ingenuity.

6. I wish I could moonwalk. I think if I could moonwalk or dance in general, I would be a better researcher.

7. Ron Santo just forgot that he was in an American League ballpark and talked about "pitcher coming up next." At least he admitted his mistake in the next half-inning.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to post number six.

as I was reading I was assuming it would finish out with "I'd be a bad ass; women would have been all over me; I would have been the envy of crozet." Better researcher was a FLAT ending with crickets chirping. even researchers need a little swagger now and then.

ggm

Wannabe Bastiat said...

"The envy of Crozet" is a whole lot like being "the envy of Green Bay."

You're right that was a flat ending.