Thursday, November 06, 2008

Something I Wrote To Myself A Few Years Ago

"What does it all mean, Mr. Natural?"

"Don't mean sheeit."

You spend have your life redefining greatness. The other half you spend attempting to impress people who can't help but disappoint you. Meritocracies would be no fun. Of course, you are wasting your life, but what is your next best opportunity? It never comes to you; it can't. "No one said this was going to be easy."--J.C.M "You have to march to the beat of your own fucking drummer."--J.S. It will kill you, but if the music stops, you might as well be dead. They can't give you a grade on how much you care. They don't care, so why should you?

(I was (am) in a bad habit of talking to myself. Using "you" instead of "I" weakens the point.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've almost gotten myself fired twice this week, which should have me concerned, right? Not me, I could give a fuck. At the end of the game you find out very little matters. Just ask my dear friend Jim Beam...

Anonymous said...

jeffs first line was classic. one of the most "human" comments I have read in a while. fear or the lack thereof can be a dangerous thing. but either way, it reminds us we're alive.

ggm