Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Information And Work

First the Einstein Quote of the Day:

A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future.


No matter how arrogant I get, it amazes me how many ideas are out there. The vast majority are mediocre or irrelevant. But even if I could somehow eliminate my exposure to these categories, I would still be swamped trying to incorporate and filter good ideas.

One (and I have) could spend day upon days just going through ideas, but eventually one has to work. He has to pick something and just go with it.

Getting caught up in ideas is getting caught up in the past. The pass is a sunk cost. Today is the only thing we have.

(I write this as I am listening to Jimi Hendrix's "I Don't Live Today" "It's such a shame to waste your time away like this...Get experienced.")

(The idea discussion was sparked by deirdremccloskey.com.)

No comments: