Saturday, September 22, 2007

Paul Krugman's Blog

I just visited Krugman's blog. I am not going to post a link. It is easy to find if want to read it.

My problem with Krugman and politically liberal economists in general is that their self-righteousness. It is their wonderful faith in themselves. I think Krugman really believes that if he was appointed "supreme dictator of the world" that the world would be a perfect place. The confidence he and liberal economists have amazes me.

It also frustrates the hell out of me. I readily admit I can barely take care of myself. I admit I am fucked up. Right now I am internally debating whether to go to a tailgate. I am debating the importance of friendship, fellowship versus private reflections. And I have no answers. None. Zero. All I know is I have to figure things out, I, me not the collective

I can pretend like Krugman and Galbraith. I can spout off Utopian health plans or how horrible the Iraqi War is. But I would just be pretending. My health is too good. I am not in Iraq.

I do not know. And neither does Krugman.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Think about coming to Minnesota for a post-doc. The IGERT program up here has a ton of money and I bet we could make some serious headway on the resistance research program. Up here agriculture matters in a way that you can't understand in Virginia. The companies making these GMO products are interested in this research and call the ag econ departments and talk about what to do, its more than just government regulation. Also, Black Angus beef sells for $4 a pound here. I eat a lot more steak now.

Anonymous said...

Delaying the inevitable only furthers the ennui...